Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Mother

Hey bloggers!~ It's Sally again! After getting praised and encouraged by Sindu, I decided to post another poem up. This one is from...I think gr.8? It was when we had to write a mother's day poem...I decided to post it as the original, even if there are some weirdly worded parts...enjoy~! (it's alittle embarassing though >< I was debating whether or not I should correct some parts or not...it sounds weird) Anyways, don't forget the constructive criticism please~~

My mother

You are a priceless treasure,
The greatest gift in life,
My guardian angel,
My daily sunrise,
And my light in this darkness filled life.

Your never-ending wisdom and understanding,
Your kindness, care and patience,
Will never be forgotten.

Oh what have I done.
I’m sorry, so sorry.
I can see now,
I’ve hurt you so much.
I broke your heart with my cruel words.

Always forgiving,
You give a reassuring smile.
Oh, how I wish,
I could take my words back.
But I know I’m wishing for the impossible.

So please try to forget,
My life’s biggest mistake.
Please know I never meant it.
And now I want to thank you,
For the millions of things you’ve done for me.

I want to thank you for guiding me through my troubles,
For healing my broken heart and my crying soul,
For changing my tears into smiles
For making my dreams come true,
And making me the person I am.

I wish I could give you a million wishes,
I wish I could do so many things for you,
I wish I could end your worries, your pain and your stress,
But that's impossible because I’m so powerless.
So please accept the only gift I can give,
My eternal, unwavering love for you.

1 comment:

ENG3U Student said...

hey sally!

this is an interesting poem. a little cliched, i must admit, but i think it's cute. especially considering it was for mother's day in gr.8. quite appropriate actually. although some parts didn't sound like you at all! i CANNOT imagine SALLY of all people can break her mother's heart with her cruel words. lol. and are we really living in a "darkness filled life"?

i loved the ending though. because the first part of the poem you talk about being sorry. then at the end you present the gift. and of course an "unwavering love" is greatest thing anyone can give.

good job!

-cathy :D