Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Almost Paradise

Almost Paradise
His eyes, intense, dark,
Yet the softest shade of brown
Close enough for me
To see the specks of
Gold and black
And when he smiled
Laughed that special
Laugh of his
My hear skips a beat
My mouth goes dry
My eyes, involuntarily
Close, heightening my
Other senses.
I can feel how close he is
Close enough to
Reach out, and touch
Those slender, long fingers
Perfectly shaped
Breathe in that scent
Slightly musky, undeniably his.
I force my eyes open
Determined to stay in my
Self-made utopia.
But he was gone, vanished
As though in thin air
But those few seconds
Beside him was
Almost paradise.

-- Anonymous

3 comments:

ENG3U Student said...

AWW. Its both sad and happy. Sad that he's gone but happy that the character got to feel all those things and almost at paradise

by the way who's anonymous, the poet, the person who posted it or are they the same?

-Ielaf :)

ENG3U Student said...

Anon,

If we guess who you are will you own up to this wonderful poem?

Regards,
Mr. G

ENG3U Student said...

Nice job. :) I liked the wistful tone you created.

- Amal