Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Ballers and Friends

HI. Well... heres my posted poem....


By Daniel Shelton

from the first time i saw him

i knew he would go

straight to the top

and beside him i'd flow,

he'd hit every three

and stuff all your shots,

the absolute king

of the ball on our lot.

now jeremy told me not to try

he was that good,

but for the love of the game

i'd put him to shame,

the first match i'd lost

and my pride seemed to fall,

i swore to this kid

i'd be back and we'd ball.

i'm not the best

i do miss my share,

but i've got the heart

and he's got the spark,

now my mind is made up

it's time to return

back to the lot

and stuff this kid's shots.

i remember it clear

the look on his face

when i blocked his first shot

hard into his face

he stared in amazement

he knew it was time,

he knew we weren't playing

the game on the line

we played with our hearts

and realized it then...

that we're ballers....

.... we're friends....

1 comment:

ENG3U Student said...

Anonymous,

We cannot direct our comments to you because you failed to leave your name. Respond to this comment and I will edit the post to include your name.

-Mr. G.