Friday, November 9, 2007

The Dolphins' Way,
In Me Aspirations of the living
sea The dolphins do move within me The aura of
their soul, I feel deep down To be in the water
and not on ground Sifting through the
ocean, an expressing show Communi-
cation of a song and a blow Pro-
tecting even those not of their
kind They ask nothing in return,
they do not mind The most gracious
and unselfish of all that wander I
wish to swim with them, nothing could
be fonder The dolphins mean so much
to me, you see I need to thank them,
for showing us how to be

(Donovan 1997)

Rahul here,
This is a concrete poem about dolphins by Donovan in 1997.




I guess it doesnt work....

3 comments:

ENG3U Student said...

Hey, Rahul! When you copy paste the poem it loses the formatting. You could try to recreate it.. but I guess that would be pretty difficult for a concrete. Is it supposed to be in the shape of a dolphin?
- Amal

ENG3U Student said...

haha, i was just about to say i didn't get the concreteness of this poem, but then i realized the copying and pasting... like amal said, you could try to recreate it. i'm sure it was really cool.
-cathy

ENG3U Student said...

Rahul,

We can't properly comment about this poem until it is reformatted.

You really should, as your classmates have mentioned, try to do something about the formatting.

-Mr. G