Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Ballad of My Grade One Teacher

Hi this is Sindu and this is a poem that i created about my horrible grade one teacher

The Ballad of my Grade One Teacher

She looks like a perfect blond Barbie doll
As she throws open the door
On her face is a fake painted smile
My heart drops on the cold floor
All the parents love her to death
But she looks like a monster to me
I tremble with fear as the hag comes near
I dread that I might go pee.

Now Ms.McFegg was from Winnipeg, where the polar bears still roam.
When she came to Toronto to teach little kids I’m sure she missed home.
Always so mean, she made us scream and we wanted to hide under chairs.
When her face went red we knew that she was about to grab some little kid by the hairs.

Each day at snack time, Ms. McFegg carted out her horrid moldy cheese.
Unhappily, we forced it down our gullets in order to please.
If we closed our eyes, we’d get a surprise when she’d smack us on the head.
It wasn’t much fun in Grade One because she treated us so meanly
As we packed to go we could hear her say, “I’ll get you tomorrow.”
I cried to my mom, and I sucked my thumb dreading my school day sorrow.
She turned to me and said with glee, “It’s just the first day of school.”
I said, “You’re right, my imagination has made me act the fool.”

She looks like a perfect blond Barbie doll
As she throws open the door
On her face is a fake painted smile
My heart drops on the cold floor
All the parents love her to death
But she looks like a monster to me
I tremble with fear as the hag comes near
I dread that I might go pee.

3 comments:

ENG3U Student said...

Hi!
I liked ur poem! especially the first and last stanza. I liked the way u implied how she had like 2 faces. Just one quesiton...do polar bears really still exist in Winnipeg?

Ada :)

ENG3U Student said...

Hello Sindu :]

This is really nice. I agree with Ada. I like the first and last stanza. You get a continuous cycle feeling. I'm wondering...is this actually based on a true story? ;]

- Sally

ENG3U Student said...

hey!

Sindu nice poem. I actually got a feeling of my grade one teacher.
I liked how you repeated the first stanza in the end. It gave me a feeling of how you felt before and how you felt afterwards.
~~Bagavathy :D