Monday, November 12, 2007

A Series of Limericks (Read at your own discretion...)

We found these limericks funny. I think you'll find that they speak for themselves. Enjoy!
-Ajay, Grace, Charanya & Caitlin
A young schizophrenic named Struther,
Who learned of the death of his Brother,
Said, "I know that its bad,
But I don't feel too sad.
After all, I still have each other."
~

There was a young man of Japan
Whose limericks never would scan.
When they asked him, Why?
He said, with a sigh,
"It's because I always try to get as many words into the last line as I possibly can."
~

Archimedes, the well known truth-seeker,
Jumping out of his bath, cried "Eureka!"
He ran half a mile,
Wearing only a smile,
And became the very first streaker.
~

A bather whose clothing was strewed,
By winds that left her quite nude,
Saw a man come along,
And unless we are wrong,
You expected this line to be lewd.
~

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical.
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean -
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.

5 comments:

ENG3U Student said...

ha hilarious limericks. They were all so F-U-N-N-Y!!!
The last one was especially funny.


~~~Bagavathy :D

ENG3U Student said...

I've been asked to inform you that the limerick that starts off "A bather whose clothing was strewed" was chosen by me and that I take full resposibility for its presence on the blog. But, F.Y.I., there were a lot of diriter poems I could've chosen. For example, Ajay wanted to post a little limerick that starts off "There once was a man from Nantucket..." Now, THAT is dirty...

ENG3U Student said...

P.S. By the way, that was me, Caitlin.

ENG3U Student said...

Ha, Caitlin. I think they're pretty tame. As far as limericks go, you guys chose very "school appropriate" ones. I like the one about the bather the best.
- Amal

ENG3U Student said...

Thanks, Amal! Me too ;)

~~~

~Caitlin~