Thursday, November 8, 2007

White and Nerdy [Parody of Ridin']

Heyy,

This is Thifiya and below, I posted a lyric from a song (as lyrics are a form of poetry) and it's a parody of another song. I've always thought that this was pretty funny; actually I thought it was hilarious!! So I hope you like it just as much as I like it. It's called White and Nerdy, a parody of Ridin' by Chamillionaire.

"Can’t you see I’m white and nerdy?
Look at me, I’m white and nerdy
I wanna roll with
The gangstas
But so far they all think I’m too white and nerdy
"First in my class here at MIT
Got skills, I’m a champion at D&D
MC Escher--that’s my favorite MC
Keep your 40, I’ll just have an Earl Grey tea.
My rims never spin, to the contrary
You’ll find that they’re quite stationary.
All of my action figures are cherry
Steven Hawking’s in my library.
My MySpace page is all totally pimped out
Got people beggin’ for my top eight spaces.
Yo, I know pi to a thousand places
Ain’t got no grills but I still wear braces."
(Weird Al Yankovic, "White and Nerdy"--parody of "Ridin'" by Chamillionaire)

10 comments:

ENG3U Student said...

yeah i loved this when i first heard it too!! weird al also has some others like canadian idiot which is a paradoy of american idiot by green day.

-ielaf :)

ENG3U Student said...

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHA
-Imad

ENG3U Student said...

Thifiya,

Weird Al has been around a long time but what's important here is that he chose, one in keeping with the definition of parody, to poke fun at a song that is both current and popular. I love the reference to "D&D". Do any of you know what he's referring to here? Or are all of you too cool (or perhaps not nerdy enough) for that?

Regards,
Mr. G

ENG3U Student said...

Dungeons & Dragons, the fantasy roleplaying game. The person playing takes on the role of a fake character and creates a story. I always hear of it being associated with nerds, but have never actually seen it being played...

-Amal

ENG3U Student said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ENG3U Student said...

ahha..
I actually didn't know what "D&D" actually meant until I asked my friend yesterday.

And yee Mr.G, I am too cool to know!

- Thifiya

ENG3U Student said...

you guys dont remember Dungeons and Dragons. The nerdy kids on Disney's recess played it down in some room and TJ played with them when he injured something and one day he brought to them out to the light.:D

-Ielaf :)

ENG3U Student said...

hey this poem was soo hilarious! it sounds like some people in IB :] jks!!

anewayz nice parody Thifiya.
i never knew what D&D stood for. interesting how poems teach a lot of things!

~~~Bagavathy :D

ENG3U Student said...

LMAOOOO HHAHAAH I JUS READ DIS UR A JOKERR THIFF HAHAHHAHH...you know one of us should like present this faw da talent show hahaha

ENG3U Student said...

I didn't know what D&D was referring to either. But the real question here is...Did you Mr. G?

~~~

~Caitlin~

FUN FACT: Weird Al Yankovic was a straight-A student in high school. Thought all of you (Pre) I.B. students would be interested to know that.