Sunday, November 11, 2007

Just One Wish - Rahul Sharma

Hey, Rahul here
Heres a lyrical poem I've come up with that i hope to add in my anthology...

Just One Wish

If I had just one wish,
It would be to never see you cry.
And I would have never to say goodbye

If I had just one wish,
It would be to save you from your trouble.
You wouldn’t have to cook, for I would eat the stubble

If I had just one wish,
It would be to love you forever
Although I should you however.

If I had just one wish,
It would be to always see you happy.
Even if our situation was actually pretty crappy

If I had just one wish
Just one wish
One wish
I’d Wish

__________________________________________

I tried to make the fact that this speaker is making so many wishes ironic to the fact that the poem is called Just One Wish... I hope you guys kind of got that

4 comments:

ENG3U Student said...

Rahul, I like how the speaker goes off on a wish spree of sorts. Initially, I was really confused by your use of "stubble", because I had only heard it used to describe a beard. But I checked it up on dictionary.com and that cleared it up. The definition was: "the stumps of grain and other stalks left in the ground when the crop is cut."

I don't understand what you mean when you say "I should you however" in the third stanza.
- Amal

ENG3U Student said...

Hey Rahul. I like how the speaker goes off ranting about all the wishes he/she would use...when in fact he/she only has one. But I don't understand what you mean by "I should you however" .

Patty+

ENG3U Student said...

lol that was a typo sorry =(

ENG3U Student said...

its supposed to be Although i should leave you however