Monday, November 12, 2007

'Twas the Second Day before Christmas

Reminder everyone! Christmas shopping isn't far away!!!

This is a poem by Raymond Souster, just describing last minute christmas shopping. blah.

'Twas the Second Day before Christmas


While they last all manger accessories
marked drastically down --


wise men, three for ten dollars;
with gold, frankincense and myrrh, twenty-five;
frankincense, myrrh only, thirteen-fifty;
angels, your choice, two dollars each;
Joseph and Mary, each nine ninety-nine;
the Christ Child with swaddling clothes, twenty dollars,
without, fourteen even; and, oh yes,
assorted shepherds, four bucks each;
picturesque manger with straw, wooden cradle,
twelve seventy-five.


End of sale.
No returns or exchanges.

AnnzJessicacHenniew

2 comments:

ENG3U Student said...

I love this poem! I dunno about anyone else, but when I read it, I sort of thought of how commercialized Christmas has become. I mean, growing up I've always been taught that Christmas was about giving and being Cristian, about Christ and stuff. Well, nonetheless pretty funny.

Patty+

ENG3U Student said...

I agree with Patty. When Christmas is approaching, the first thing people do is go shopping so they won't disappoint their friends when in fact, that's not what Christmas is about. Anyways, it's a really good poem because I find a lot of people can relate to it.

Charanya